The warm weather is here and we all know what that means…. ICE CAPS! As great as Ice caps are, one of the biggest issues is the huge amount of sugar! My High Protein Ice Cap recipe gives you all the flavours and textures of a regular ice cap with significantly less sugar and more protein to help control blood sugars and to also serve as a tasty on-the-go snack!
This is a healthier version of a classic Canadian Summertime treat with less sugar, fat, calories and higher protein content that can be enjoyed on the patio or as a very effective pre-workout drink!
- 1/8 cup hot water
- 2 tbsps instant coffee
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 8-10 ice cubes
- ½ cup soy milk
- 2 tbsps Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ scoop Vanilla or Chocolate Whey
- Isolate protein powder
- 1.5 tsps flax seed flour (optional)
- Mix the hot water with instant coffee
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend until a smooth consistency is reached